Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Surveys Incorporated

"Surveys Incorporated" -- today's title sounds like a great name for a company. And it probably is one. But this has nothing to do with a company going by that name.

No, this has to do with the fact that -- as I've been saying all along -- I want reader input to have some sort of effect on my books. And the best way I've figured to do that is through surveys (incorporated, of course, into the books).

One thing I love about fiction is that I can deal with a lot of "what ifs" -- which is great for me, since I love philosophy and ideas. And of course it would be neat to hear what people have to say about the what-ifs that affect, or infect, my writing.

(Please notice: "effect" is a noun; "affect" is a verb; infections affect my writing, and written pages are the effect. You will be quizzed on this later.)

If you want to be kept up to date on surveys and sneak peeks at my writing and such, make sure to boogie on over to www.stevemccardell.com and join the mailing list.

No comments: