Monday, August 07, 2006

Harley Rockets

FROM DARWOOD:

Hot dog! Steve's finally got us to my favorite part of our story, where we get to cruise on some Harley Rockets.

See, it's a funny kind of world we (Smitty and I) live in. Everything that happened to us already happened, but only potentially. Then we tell Steve about it, he puts it onto paper (or his computer, in this case), and suddenly it becomes actual, even though it already happened for us. See? A very complex world when you live inside a book.

And of course even when it's actual, it's not quite the same as when the book's actually printed. Then I'm going to feel the roar of that Harley all through my body.

Anyway, Smitty's proved himself as ideal and impractical as always, figuring there shouldn't be any kind of marketing going on around our story. I for one am happy to live a bit in limbo if it means that the story sells better in the end, because then we can hock some t-shirts and other products with our names or images on them. And that makes our world even more real. And for us, that rocks.

By the way ... just to make the story actually interesting for readers of the blog, I'm going to work on Steve, try to get him to publish a few excerpts on his website. A lousy publisher might mind, figuring that they don't then get "first publishing rights." But a publisher who cares about selling any books will think it's a good idea. And that's the kind I want him working with, for reasons pointed out above.

Oh, last point -- Smitty and I always enjoy a good debate, and it's especially good when I win. So if you have any questions for us, post 'em on this blog and we'll try to answer them. Remember, we DO live in the future. ...

No comments: